It goes without saying, I am 100% obsessed with Mackinac Island and ideally I hope to retire there one day. Being a Michigander, going to Mackinac Island is a rite of passage. I have not met many people who aren’t from Michigan who have been, yet the island in someway is always topping travel awards. That means something – so book the ticket and go!
This year was the first time I went in October and the weather was less than desirable but I still had a great time. The leaves were starting to change color and the weather was brisk, rainy some days. I only had fur days on the island and I fell ill the last day which put a kink in my plans. However my stay was just as magical as all the others. October is definitely the end of the season as businesses start to close, so you will find great discounts on a lot of items and hotel deals.
I wanted to share some more photos with you guys because I get a lot of questions from you about the island and what there is to do, eat and see. I hope you love these fall photos and I realize 7 of them are taken at The Grand Hotel or their restaurants .. but I love the Grand and I hope you will too <3
- Photography Equipment I shoot with
- Fall Photos of Mackinac Island
- Grand Hotel Review
- Mackinac Island Photos
- How To Get To Mackinac Island
- Renting a bike on Mackinac
- 5 Bed and Breakfasts Not To Miss on Mackinac Island
- Taking the ferry to Mackinac Island
- Things to do on Mackinac Islan
- Carriage Tours
- Lodging on Mackinac Island
- All things FUDGE
- 13 Restaurants on Mackinac Island To Check Out