One of the most asked questions I get is, “what camera do you take your photos with?” I shoot nearly all my images with a Canon. It is not the newest model (which means you won’t be paying a fortune) but it is a fantastic camera! Photography as a hobby or career does not have to be expensive, trust me I know. I started my blog and my Instagram business with $0. Now it is a flourishing business.
You can take a look at my Instagram account if you want to see the photos I shoot. Or browse my blog, as there are photos in every post.
The Canon that I have I decided on because:
- High megapixels – which is good for retaining the quality of the image at various sizes
- Wireless WiFi – and I can download directly to my phone (even edit on Lightroom Mobile if I am on the go).
- EXTREMELY user friendly
Here are some of the other items I use as a photographer.
- Canon EF-S 18-55 IS my everyday lens. I shoot most of my photos with this lens.
Canon Portrait & Travel 2 Lens Kit – EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens & EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens – Bundle with 49mm/67mm Uv Filters, Small Lens Pouch, Medium Lens Pouch, Cleaning Kit – I opted for this kit because it was inexpensive and gave me 2 lenses plus some other items. I use both lenses frequently.
- SanDisk memory card. This card holds thousands of photos and I take them everywhere. I have been using SanDisk for years and I swear by them.
- WD Creators External Hard Drive – let me just say that I lost thousands of photos two years ago that could have been prevented if I just backed up my photos. I back up everything, every single day and you should too! Anything can happen – always back up your memories!
- GoPro Hero 7 – this camera is very small and great for underwater, action shots, and 4K video. The camera IS waterproof.
- A tripod – sometimes you need a tripod to catch things like long exposure shots or sights like the Northern Lights. If you are a solo traveler, a tripod will be your best friend as you can set it up and capture images of yourself.
- A camera bag for your gear. I put all my gear in my bag and this is my personal item when I fly. NEVER check your gear unless you have to.
This is the list of basic equipment I take with me everywhere on my travels. I have shot photos in over 20 countries and 30 states around the globe and plan to continue using it because it has worked well for me.
If you have any questions let me know!
Save for later – Pin for your Pinterest!
Eatlivetraveldrink is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com