Recently I partnered with Olympus to try their OM-D E-M10 Mark III on my travels through the Bahamas and Barbados. Having never used a product by Olympus, I was going into it with an open mind. When I find a brand I love, I am fiercely loyal. Having said that, now that I have used the OM-D E-M10 Mark III, it will become a staple in my travel gear.
I have been shooting photos for as long as I can remember and with each new camera comes a learning curve, right? Well not entirely. To be quite frank, I never even opened a guide or read a manual on how to use the OM-D E-M10 Mark III. It is that user friendly! And that is worth noting if you are looking for a first time camera for yourself or as a gift.
Olympus sent me the OM-D E-M10 Mark III kit in silver that also included 14-42mm EZ Lens, Carrying Case, and a 16 GB Memory Card. In addition. I was sent a wide angle lens: M.Zuiko ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6 II.
Specs of the OM-D E-M10 Mark III:
- 16 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
- Touch to focus and shoot
- 5-Axis image stabilization
- Ultra HD 4K video
- 3.0″ Tilting Touch LCD screen
- OLEN electronic view finder
- 15 Unique art filters
- Silent shooting mode
- Built-in flash
- 8.6 FPS continuous shooting
- 121-point selectable autofocus
- Built in WiFi
- Scene modes
Features I LOVE:
- Auto shooting – the OM-D E-M10 Mark III is so well created that it senses your surroundings and takes a picture you would be proud of. I used this feature quite often during my two trips and was endlessly blown away by the smart technology.
- Scene modes – if you are in a certain situation, say shooting night shots, you can move the dial to SCENE where 6 options become available and then there are sub options within. For example, I was shooting in “Nightscapes” early in the morning to catch a dark sunrise. It is one of the best pictures I took all year – and it was EFFORTLESS. You just can'[t buy this kind of easy usually but the OM-D E-M10 Mark III is giving it to us.
- HD 4K video – today I was watching the videos I took in Barbados and the quality and clarity is unmatched. I don’t think I have ever in my life seen a clearer picture. If you want to create travel videos, do YouTube, Vlog, etc – you will find this a great camera for that.
- Built in WiFi – easy for sharing and remote shooting from a tripod.
- Lightweight, compact and easy to pack!
Lens I shot with: M.Zuiko ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6 II
Why I love this lens:
Not only does it have a focal length range of 28 to 300mm, but you can shoot wide angle and telephoto. Basically this IS a everyday lens. It weighs about 9 ounces and its slim in size, making it portable and light weight. Personally, I don’t like to carry a ton of lenses unless I have to, and I found the M.Zuiko ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6 II the perfect everyday lens. I am consistently shooting the same type of content and I shot all the below photos with this lens.
Below are a variety of photos I took with the OM-D E-M10 Mark III:
There are a lot of cameras on the market and a lot of them are highly technical and have a learning curve attached to them. I am a travel photographer full time and found this camera to be incredible. It took the photos exactly how I envisioned them to look and usually ALL I had to do was move the dial between SCENE and AUTO to get the shot I was looking for. You can’t really get that out of most cameras, and to be frank – I saved a lot of time by not having to constantly set up a shot.
Disclaimer: This post is written in collaboration with Olympus, but as always, opinions are entirely my own.
Eatlivetraveldrink is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com