Its that time of year again when spring is upon the city and the Cherry Blossoms are almost in peak bloom. For the next few weeks the city will be dazzling in all things cherry blossom, including an afternoon tea at the Fairmont in Washington DC!
Swaying away from traditional English tea, this modern take on tea is bringing the sweet and savory in a two tiered wood and slate bento box. While the tea sandwiches are similar to a traditional tea you won’t find typical items like Devonshire cream, but instead a more bountiful dessert selection.
I loved the concept, the food was amazing and very filling (so come hungry) and the tea is being served in the beautifully (and recently) renovated Loggia Lounge.
- Curried chicken, mango, toasted almonds, cherry marmalade, brioche
- Smoked salmon, horseradish creme fraiche, salmon pearls, dark rye
- Prosciutto & cucumber, boursin cheese, mini croissant
- Heirloom tomato, burrata cheese, va butter, sourdough
- Rooftop honey tea scone, cherry jam
- Rose panna cotta, rooftop honey
- Sour cherry almond pound cake
- Chocolate cherry donut
Fairmont Washington, DC is offering LOT 35 Tea for options during this experience. With options of black, green, white, and even caffeine free flavors.
I did the black cherry almond tea and it was really good. Almond and cherry notes were perfect for the pairing.
You can do an add-on rose or brut with tea as well! I loved the rose!
- Address: 2401 M St NW, Washington, DC 20037
- Phone: (202) 429-2400
- Reservations: —> HERE
- Dates: March 20-April 15th
- Served daily from 2:00-4:00pm
- Price: $40/person without champagne $50 to include rose and $55 to include brut
*Disclaimer: I was a guest of Fairmont Washington, but as always, opinions are entirely my own