Since the opening of Marina Bay Sands in 2010, I knew I had to visit the hotel, even if just for the pool. Towering over the city on the 56th floor, 656 feet above sea, the views do not disappoint.
Since I was only in Singapore for 3 nights, I opted to stay at Marina Bay Sands just for one night because my primary goal was to use the pool. I sure got more than I bargained for because I was able to witness an amazing sunset and an even better sunrise.
The hotel itself is created out of three buildings and has the Skypark connecting all three across the top with the pool and dining. Technically the hotel has so much to offer that you would never have to leave if you chose not to. Marina Bay Sands offers over 60 restaurants and bars, 160+ premium brand shopping stores, museum exhibitions, and theatre shows. Think celebrity chefs and luxury shopping.
Offering 12 room categories from Deluxe Rooms to the most luxurious Suites, you will be sure to find a room that suits your taste.
During my stay since I was only staying a night and did not plan to be in the room, I stayed in a Deluxe Room. I felt like I got a great room because the balcony overlooked Gardens by the Bay and at night it comes alive with colors.
Read More: Gardens by the Bay
- 39 square metres (419 square feet)
- 1 King or 2 Single beds
- Fully stocked minibar
- Bathroom with glass-enclosed shower
- Luxury bathroom amenities
- Microfibre and terry bathrobes
- 42″ interactive flatscreen TV
- Cable channels (free) and movies on demand (charges apply)
- Executive work desk
- In-room safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Shoe brush and shoe horn
- A balcony (although this is not the case with every room in this category)
- Access to the Skypark and Infinity Pool
- Complimentary WiFi
- Access to Banyan Tree Fitness Club
In my opinion, this is the best feature of the hotel. The pool is the number one selling point and I gathered this by the number of people trying to get into the pool. I spent most of time here at night and during the morning trying to capture perfect shots and waiting on people to move. I will say, everyone is trying to get a perfect selfie above the city, but be friendly and patient as everyone has paid to stay in the hotel for this.
The hotel is bit overcrowded with over 2,500+ rooms and the ability to hold more than 1 person per room. As you can imagine, a lot of people stay at this hotel for access to the pool. There are many other relaxed luxury properties in the city that aren’t as crowded. I was very lucky to stay up late and wake up very early to catch photos with minimal people. However, all day and most of the night and even after I took initial photos the next morning, the pool was completely packed full of people.
My stay was not bad at all – I enjoyed my time there. I went there for exactly what a lot of other people do – access to the pool. I can’t fault the hotel for making something amazing to draw in crowds.
The room was very spacious and the food was delicious!
This was a top bucketlist item for me for many years and I can tell you it was worth the wait <3
- Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue
- Phone: +65 6688 8888
- Currency: Singapore Dollar
- Distance from Changi Airport: about 20-30 minutes depending on traffic
- You cannot gain access to the infinity pool without being a paying guest of the hotel – your room card is what allows you access into the hotel and into the pool, one person at a time.
- Hotel has car transfer you can book prior to arriving.
- Pool Hours: 6:00am-11:00pm
- The hotel was offering nightly water and light shows and it appears they stopped in April of 2017 – but plan to bring it back soon.