Brace yourself internet, Infinity Mirrors is about take social media by storm, and its totally worthy!
Artist Yayoi Kusama from Japan, has 6 mirror rooms and an Obliteration room on display in the Hirshhorn Museum in D.C. until Mid May. Then will continue touring around the United states for a total of 2 years.
“Our earth is only one polka dot among a million stars in the cosmos/ Polka dots are a way to infinity.” – Kusama
Touted as one of the greatest works of art alongside Andy Warhol, prepare to have your senses blown away in these self experience rooms, of infinity mirrors.
The Obliteration Room is the only room that is not mirrored and is a work in progress. Each attendee gets a card of colored stickers to place throughout the all white room and will be complete at the end of the exhibition.
- On Display in Washington D.C. from February 23 – May 14, 2017
- Located at Hirshhorn Museum: Independence Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024
- Entry into the museum is free
- You do need a ticket to get in. Each Monday tickets are released for the following week and are timed entry.
- If you do not have a ticket, you can join the museum as a member starting at $50 and get access to see the exhibit
- You will only get about 20 seconds per person to go into the infinity mirror rooms as there will be a lot of people – so come ready!
- The museum will have a few tickets for walk-ups each day
- Museum has bathrooms and free lockers on the lower level
- Gift shop has a lot of items from this collection for purchase