The lobby bar and lounge is open everyday from 11:00am-12:45am – you can stop by and order delicious food from their new menu or just have a drink, coffee or alcoholic. Whichever you choose.
Today I had the pleasure of viewing the multi-million dollar renovation in the lobby and courtyard of the Fairmont in Washington, D.C. I was impressed with the sleek and modern designs – think minimal but luxurious. With gold and silver palettes of decor and a crushed blue color throughout.
I tried a variety of things on the menu today and not only was I impressed but the food was bursting with flavor.
I tried 3 appetizers today:
- Trio of Mediterranean Salads
- Vegetable Flatbread
- Chicken Croquettes
All 3 items were delicious – my favorite was the vegetable flatbread – which had Cilantro Pesto, Sautéed Spinach, Onions, Roasted Peppers, Button Mushrooms, and Feta Cheese on it.
I tried 2 different plates:
- Lobster Grilled Cheese & Bacon Jam Sandwich with Zucchini Fries, Sriracha Aioli
- Smoked Beer Brined Brisket Sandwich with Toasted Rye, Local “Sloppy Mama” BBQ Sauce, Crispy Tabasco Onions
Both sandwiches were unreal. The lobster grilled cheese with bacon jam was well complimented and the brisket was so succulent it was similar to cotton candy, it melted in your mouth. Both were really good and I could not choose a favorite here – they were both big winners.
Lastly, I tried 2 desserts:
- The Hot Chocolate – Chocolate Cake, Rooftop Honey Marshmallow, Pistachio Streusel, Cooper’s Noche Chocolate Sauce
- Virginia Chess Pie – Local Vinegar Ice Cream, Pecans, Roasted Apples, Cured Egg Yolks
I am a big fan of sweets – both of these dishes were incredible, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would be the hot chocolate – because I love chocolate.
Overall – I loved the new menu and the renovation of the lobby. Now I just have to talk myself out of going here everyday for lunch when I am home.
- Address: 2401 M Street, NW Washington District of Columbia, United States 20037
- Phone: 1 202 429 2400
- Menu for food –> here
- Beverage menu –> here
Disclaimer: I was hosted by the Fairmont Washington, but as always – opinions are entirely my own.