Gardens by the Bay is notably the number one attraction in Singapore and with good reason. It looks straight out of another world, and its spectacular. Boasting over 1,ooo,ooo plants – take your time getting lost in this magical place.
I would argue the most recognizable attraction is the Supertree Grove. There are 18 total in the park and 12 of them located in the Supertree Grove. You can pay $8 usd to walk along the OCBC Skyway, which is the bridge that connects these 12 trees from above. I opted to go both during the day and during the night because it was a completely different experience each time. You can see Marina Bay Sands, the Singapore Flyer and views of the park from atop. At night the trees come alive with vibrant colors and its like being in a fairy tale.
You will notice there are two big domes within the park that appear connected. One side is the Cloud Forest and the other is the Flower Dome.
The Cloud Forest will impress you the second you walk in with a grand waterfall on a mountain over 114 feet tall, making it the worlds largest indoor waterfall. You will stroll through this attraction as it winds up through the mountain and there are many stops for photos. The vibes of this ecosystem reminded me of being in a cloud – it was a bit chilly and a bit moist.
The Flower Dome is notable for being the largest glass greenhouse in the world. During my visit this dome was decked out for Christmas and people came out in the masses to see it.
There are several other gardens and even a sculpture park within the park. I did not have time to get to all of it, but I imagine it was just as impressive as the attractions I did get to.
During December the Gardens open a Christmas market below the Supertree Grove with shops and foods to purchase from. The Flower Dome will also be decked out with all things Christmas.
- Address: 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953
- Outdoor gardens are open daily from 5:00am-2:00am
- The entrance fee for both of the domes is $28 USD adult/$15 USD child.
- Entrance to OCBC Skywalk is $8 USD and has hours: Daily: 9am – 9pm
- The Cloud Forest does have an elevator to each level
- The area is quite large – wear walking shoes
- There are over 10+ dining options from fast food to sit down dining
- In the evening when everyone is leaving there will be plenty of taxis, just be prepared to wait. I waited about 30 minutes because everyone seemed to be leaving at the same time.
Disclaimer: I was invited by Gardens by the Bay as a member of the media. All opinions are my own.