Luggage is one of the most important things in my life because I travel almost full-time. Having the right luggage that will hold all my things and being able to rely on it is the most important thing for me.
Recently I partnered with iFLY luggage to try one of their carry-on suitcases. I love their low prices paired with their 10 year warranties on their suitcases. 10 years is a long time! I go through suitcases about every two years and that is just from normal wear and tear of being in the under bin area of an airplane.
I only bring a carry-on when I travel no matter how long I will be gone if I am international and changing destinations more than once. I had an issue with not being able to get my suitcase for a couple days earlier this year and I was in Ireland in January. As a lesson, I like to keep my items with me. However, I will do a checked bag if I am going to one place. For example, if I am going home for a week to visit family, going on a cruise, or even traveling to one destination and staying put.
Currently I am traveling with the Fuzion Carry-On. What I love about this suitcase primarily is that it zips around the top of the suitcase and it does not open at the half way point.I found that I was able to get more items inside than other suitcases because it had all the depth versus splitting it. My other two favorite features are the 4 wheels that can spin 360 degrees AND the hidden pockets on the front so that I could put my travel documents and laptop in there and you could not tell that there was even a zipper.
The Fuzion Suitcase is extremely lightweight, coming in at 5.6 pounds and it is made of a premium hybrid polyester. The touch and feel is soft while sleek. The design is also modern and stylish. There are two durable straps, one on the top of the suitcase and one on the side to easily pick the case up.
On the inside of the suitcase there are two straps that you can tighten to keep your contents in place and three areas to store stuff separately. One of those areas is in the depth of suitcase built into the side, and the other two are split across the inside door of the suitcase. I used the two in the door for all my chargers and small electronics and the one inside the suitcase for small items like socks.
So how do I travel for a long period of time with only a carry-on? Here are my tips:
- Everyone over packs. The truth is – you don’t need everything. When you pack, take half of it away and go with only that. In this suitcase above, I packed for a 3 week, 3 country trip to SE Asia.
- Here are the contents of clothes:
- 14 shirts, 9 bottoms, 1 swimsuit, 21 undergarments, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 dresses, and 2 pairs of sleepwear.
- Here are the contents of clothes:
- Pack basic things that can be mixed and matched easily with other items. I prefer black pants, and therefore every top I own or will ever own, will go with them. That was easy.
- I use packing cubes to keep my clothes not only neat, but separated so I can find things easily and in a hurry without tearing through my suitcase and destroying everything.
- When traveling to warm destinations, take light clothing. You don’t need a parka in 90 degree heat with 100% humidity.
- For toiletries, I only pack what I need. Most hotels have shampoo, conditioner, soap, even toothpaste and razors. Funny story, my favorite toothbrush in the entire world came from a Ritz Carlton in Virginia. Best toothbrush ever.
- If you are traveling for a long period of time, you will have to do laundry. That is a fact. You can pay someone to do it or do it yourself.
Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post with iFLY Luggage. As always, opinions are my own.