Photo journal of Amsterdam

Amsterdam
Although my visit was short lived, I fell completely in love with Amsterdam. The city is easy to walk and navigate, everyone I talked to spoke English, the food was good, the city is beautiful – what else more could you ask for?
Here are some of my favorite shots I took while visiting!

ams4

Iconic shots of row houses

ams2

Try the Millefeuille at Mr. Porter in the W Amsterdam

ams8

Even the map is beautiful looking at all the canals

ams3

Stroll the canals

13920919_10157302917100083_397014443053559915_n

Breakfast at Canal House Hotel

ams5

The amazing top deck pool at the W Amsterdam

ams7

Gelato

ams9

More canals and cafes

13907089_10157288492330083_7202283748541588822_n

Quiet Garden at the Canal House Hotel

23 Comments

1. August 31, 2016 / 4:23 pm

Would love to visit Amsterdam. My friend just went there last year for her 60th birthday and had a wonderful time. Love the photos of the homes and canal. And that top deck pool, wow!

• August 31, 2016 / 11:34 pm

Thank you! It’s such an amazing city! The pool is at the W Amsterdam

2. erikastravels
    August 31, 2016 / 4:46 pm

Amsterdam is an easy city to fall in love with, isn’t it? You’ve taken beautiful photos of Amsterdam! I especially love the photos of the row houses reflected in the water. The millefeuille looks fantastic, too!

3. August 31, 2016 / 5:46 pm

I’ve never been to Amsterdam, but it’s definitely at the top of my bucket list. Great photos, I adore the architecture!

4. August 31, 2016 / 6:26 pm

You got such good shots of beautiful Amsterdam!!! I went for 1 day and 1 night and it was cloudy and rainy the day I got to spend there so all of my pictures are dark and dreary. It’s a shame because Amsterdam is a really incredible city with all the canals and colorful buildings! I’d love to go back and get some shots like you have…wonderful!

• August 31, 2016 / 11:35 pm

Thank you so much! It rained one of the days I was there and I think not being able to use that glorious pool on the top of the W Amsterdam was sad – but I would do back

5. August 31, 2016 / 10:39 pm

I visited Amsterdam a few years ago, on a cruise. I only had a few hours in town, but really enjoyed what I saw. It was a Sunday afternoon so I had the chance to watch locals really enjoying themselves on the canals and in the parks. I look forward to going back and spending more time there. I’ve got to find that scrumptious-looking millefeuille.

• August 31, 2016 / 11:36 pm

Haha that dessert is located in the W Amsterdam at Mr. Porter

6. August 31, 2016 / 11:08 pm

I’ve been to Amsterdam twice! I love it so much! Your photos are great!

• August 31, 2016 / 11:36 pm

Thank you! It’s easy to photograph such a beautiful city

7. August 31, 2016 / 11:54 pm

There are a few places on Earth where I think it is impossible to take a bad photograph. I am starting to think Amsterdam needs to be on that list. What an amazing city. Hoping to make it there sooner than later!

8. September 1, 2016 / 2:28 am

Your photos are gorgeous! And wow that Millefeuille looks SO DELICIOUS! I especially love your photo of the row houses. I’ve been to Amsterdam so many years ago and would love to go back again. Hoping to make it to there next year.

9. authenticfoodquest
    September 1, 2016 / 4:32 am

These are such great shots. The only times I’ve been to Amsterdam has been in the winter. It’s so nice to see what Summer looks like. A beautiful city indeed!

10. LenaAmeri
    September 1, 2016 / 2:02 pm

Love love love all these shots!!! You’re making me want to book a trip to Amsterdam RIGHT now! And I’m totally craving the raspberry dessert… *sigh*

11. September 1, 2016 / 10:27 pm

Ahhhh I love all your photos! I need to get to that roof top at The W, that pool looks insane! Also, just peeked at your IG account too, you really capture travel well 🙂

• September 2, 2016 / 4:41 pm

Thanks so much! I really love to travel and find awesome things in cities to share.

12. September 2, 2016 / 9:39 am

I just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam, your photos are fab 🙂

13. September 8, 2016 / 9:52 am

Beautiful photos! I’m dying to go to Amsterdam and this totally made it worse!!! Looks like I need to start planning a trip haha! When’s the best time to go?

14. September 18, 2016 / 5:33 am

Beautiful photos… I love Amsterdam and have been going there for almost two decades now.