Before I came to Amsterdam I had read about Canal House and knew I wanted to stay an evening there. A boutique luxury property among the canal houses, located close to the Anne Frank House and walking distance to nearly everything.
About the Hotel:
The hotel offers 23 rooms of modern luxury. Throughout the hotel, colors of black and purple reign and a touch of baroque decor glistens in each room. The hotel offers open spaces to gather, a bar, dining, a garden to relax, and the friendliest staff.
A delicious free continental plus style breakfast comes with your stay offering fresh juices, pastries, yogurt, coffee, and other delicious options.
From the moment I arrived, the staff was attentive and very helpful. I arrived early in the morning from the states, and luckily my room was being cleaned already. I waited about 40 minutes in the peaceful garden and then got to my room. Before I even stepped into my room, I was overly impressed with the staffs eagerness to help me get acclimated to the city, answer any questions I had and even entertain me while I waited.
About the room:
I stayed in an exceptional room category during my visit. Located on the first floor with a walk out to the garden and a patio. Equipped with a king size bed, work station, TV, beautifully tiled tub/shower combo, dual vessel sinks, artistic touches, Green and Spring bath products (which are amazing by the way AND you can even purchase some to go), a coffee and tea station with options, and a mini bar with local favorites.
I can’t decide what my favorite part of the room was, but its a tie between the gorgeous bathroom or laying in bed looking at the garden.
- Book in advance. Since the hotel doesn’t have hundreds of rooms, they will sell out.
- The airport is only about 20 minutes away via taxi.
- The hotel is centrally located – you can get just about anywhere in 20 minutes or less walking.
- The garden is a quiet garden. While you don’t have to be absolutely silent, you should keep it down for other users who are enjoying the space.
- Definitely get a coffee or two at breakfast – it is strong and flavorful
- The staff does speak English – which is very helpful for U.S and Canadian visitors
Overall, I loved the hotel and wish I had more time there. This hotel has been one of my favorite stays in all of Europe.
I was hosted by Canal House, but as always, opinions are my own.