I am still dreaming about the time I spent in Lake Tahoe a couple weeks ago. It was truly magical for me. I keep hushing a voice in my head that says “you should move there.” Unfortunately I cannot just move there but I can share with you my top picks for visiting, should you go – that will leave you wanting more.
- Stay at the Resort at Squaw Creek – I was overly impressed by this resort. It may have been the ridiculously cozy rooms, spectacular views, delightful spa trips, or the divine dining. How can I choose just one? Well its a good thing I didn’t have to! I got it all here.
2. Dine at Christy Hill – Open for dinner (I would highly recommend making a reservation) and on the lake, not only will the views wow you but the food is magnificent. I ordered Sweet Corn & Fromage Blanc Ravioli and I was overtaken by how a simple dish could become so full of flavor. My taste buds were exploding with flavor.
3. Visit Sand Harbor – You’ve seen pictures on the internet of the crystal clear water and other people doing a variety of activities in it. This is a must see place! I stopped here on my way out of town and was so sad I couldn’t spend a day here. This view alone is what is driving me back – there is so much more to see!
4. Take in a sunset – I was able to see the most intense sunset coming from Sand Harbor back to the Reno/Tahoe airport. You would not believe the colors of the sky and the intensity. The sky looked like it had been set on fire – in a good way.
5. Sleep in and get room service delivered for breakfast. Crank on your fireplace and be lazy in your jammies. Sure, you’re in a beautiful place – but you should always take time to relax and enjoy life instead of rushing through it.
6. Run through the flowers around the lake.
7. View the lake from different areas. The lake isn’t the same in terms of views the entire way around. Some of the beaches have big boulders and some have none at all. No matter where you are on the lake though, it is still beautiful and will make you want to spend a lot of time there.