France was always on my top 5 places to visit. The idea of little cafes and coffee during the day while snacking on macarons and visiting the Eiffel Tower always felt like an experience I HAD to have. I am sure glad I went to France and I can’t wait to visit again someday!
Here are 7 reasons to pack your bags and head to France right now!
- The Eiffel Tower is as incredible as you think. You can’t prepare yourself for how big it truly is in person.
- Macarons!! These don’t even require a reason but let me just say, prior to leaving for France I read about a place that had the most amazing ones. The entire time I was in Paris I could never find one. When I was leaving Paris to go to Venice I found one in the airport and long story short, I still talk about them … 18 months later 🙂 Make sure and visit Laduree.
- The Palace of Versailles! What a magnificent place, rich in history, elaborate detailing, vast gardens, and breathtaking. Spend a full day here. Take a lunch with you as well so you can eat in the gardens. I didn’t get a personal tour of the palace or grounds but I would recommend it.
- The Bridge of Locks. This bridge is quite impressive in person. There are so many locks on the bridge that there are rows on top of rows. Since visiting, the bridge with the locks has been taken down. It got to be too heavy and potentially unsafe.
- Monmartre. I found this to be the most interesting neighborhood while visiting Paris. You must walk the streets and see all the art vendors, cobblestone streets, Sacre Coeur, the Moulin Rouge, and definitely eat some food!
- PASTRIES! <3<3<3<3 Everywhere you go in Paris you can smell delicious pastries. Just keep walking the city and you won’t gain any weight. If you are a foodie like I am, you will want to try everything.
- South of France. Beautiful water, boats everywhere, fresh food at the market, and a steak lunch. 🙂